How to use visualization to change your reality
“Visualization is the human beings vehicle to the future – good, bad or indifferent.
It’s strictly in our control.”
Visualization impacts your reality.
Visualization harnesses the power of your mind’s eye to realize your goals.
Visualization programs your brain for success.
When you visualize you play out in your mind how something is going to happen. When you do this repeatedly you increase your likelihood of achieving your goals or attracting what you desire.
In sports training, visualization has been proven to improve performance better than just practicing skills.
You can use this anywhere, anytime, for anything. When you visualize an event or situation, an object or possession, you attract it into your life.
Visualization is best done with a relaxed and positive attitude, as well as with an openness and willingness to accept whatever outcome may present itself.
“Visualize the most amazing life imaginable to you. Close your eyes and see it clearly.
Then hold the vision for as long as you can.
Now place the vision in God’s hands
and consider it done.”
Here’s a step-by-step process you can use:
- Sit comfortably in a quiet space.
- Choose a goal or intention to focus on.
- Relax your entire body whilst taking several deep and long breaths.
- Tune into your inner voice and connect to the feeling that you truly believe you’ll realize your goal or intention.
- Begin to visualize the achievement of your goal or the realization of your intention.
- Create a clear and detailed mental picture, using all of your five senses.
- Allow yourself to feel how you believe you will feel when you’ve achieved your goal whilst also intensifying your desire to reach your goal or intention.
- Create a positive affirmation about the outcome of your goal or intention that encompasses your feelings and desires.
- Repeat this process once every day, or more, for around 10 minutes.
Through visualizing you become more powerful and more positive. You increase your ability to create the changes your desire in your life. Visualization will impact your reality.
“You are more productive by doing fifteen minutes of visualization than from
sixteen hours of hard labor.”
Here are some helpful tips for creating affirmations to anchor and return you to the juicy positive feelings you experienced in your visualization:
- Believe in and feel what you’re telling yourself.
- Including emotion in your affirmations increases their potency.
- Talk to yourself as you would to a close friend. Use a calm, considerate and gentle tone of voice.
- Phrase your affirmations positively. Avoid negatives such as ‘not’, ‘less’, ‘don’t’, and ‘can’t’.
- Use the progressive form of the present tense to reflect your acceptance of being ‘in progress’. For example, say ‘I am becoming’, instead of ‘I am’ and your mind may have an easier time accepting it as true.
- Repetition is key. Consistency is key. Every time you repeat an affirmation, find a way to make it strong, more powerful and more meaningful for you.
- Use a variety of modalities to infuse your affirmations into your mind. Say them, write them, record them and listen to your recording, post them on your wall or your screensavers. Increase the opportunities for your mind to absorb your affirmations to increase their potency.
“Visualize this thing that you want,
see it, feel it, believe in it.
Make your mental blue print, and begin to build.” Robert Collier
Reach out if you want help with any of this xx
If you like what you’ve read and you WANT MORE, I’d love for you to join my community.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE, BLOG OR WEBSITE?
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
Daphne Wells, Inspiritress of Can-do-it-ness and founder of Passion for Growth, helps eminent women leaders navigate change, get crystal clear and into action on your secret dreams.
Her true magic lies in her ability to clarify, to see possibilities, create ideas and inspirit you to implement.
As a young woman she quietly and effectively changed an industry, opening doors for women in a previously male-dominated field. For many years Daphne has guided leaders to be more effective in their roles.
Courageous and high-achieving women business owners, leaders, coaches, service professionals, therapists and entrepreneurs round the globe, all of whom have big hearts and yearn to make a difference and make money, hire Daphne so they can be clear and focused on their forward direction and growth.
As a certified professional coach, mastermind leader and facilitator, with a history of birthing and growing small businesses, Daphne has a deep passion to inspirit eminent leadership.
She lives in the beautiful South Island of New Zealand from where she works with high-achieving and courageous women leaders, business owners and entrepreneurs worldwide. She’s President of ICF NZ Southern.
Do you have what it takes to make the best use of your time? Find out here
Telephone: +643 481 7080