How to communicate as a courageous entrepreneur
Here’s 9 ways for you to communicate as the courageous entrepreneur you truly are:
- When you take longer than is desirable to reply. Here’s how to respond … NOT “sorry for the delay”. Your reply is “Thanks for your patience”.
- You have another appointment right after this one and you know this person usually likes to keep you late if you allow them to. You say … “I will need to leave at ___:___”.
- When you’re wondering where on earth you’re both at with it. NOT “just wanted to check in”. You say … “when can I expect an update?”.
- You’re worried they may not understand your email, that they may not get what you’re saying. NOT … “hopefully that makes sense”. You say “any questions, let me know”.
- When they won’t choose a time off your scheduler and you really want to speak with them. NOT …”what works best for you?” You say … “could you do ___:___?”
- Please don’t ever say “no problem” or “no worries”. NOT ever! Either use “you’re welcome” or “always happy to help”.
- When you know what needs to happen next. NOT “I think perhaps we need to ….”. You say … “it’d be best if we ____________”.
- You find yourself having difficulty wording your email so it feels just right. Call them or pop round to visit them instead, cos you know it’d be so much easier to discuss in person.
- When you’ve made a mistake. We all do from time to time, after all we’re all human. NOT … “oh sorry, I totally missed that”. Rather you say … “nice catch. Thanks for letting me know”.
Any questions, let me know and I’ll get right back to you …
Where do you not feel confident communicating in your business?
If you like what you’ve read and you WANT MORE, I’d love for you to join my community.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE, BLOG OR WEBSITE?
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
Daphne Wells, Inspiritress of Can-do-it-ness and founder of Passion for Growth, helps eminent women leaders negotiate change, gain clarity and take action on your secret dreams.
Her true magic lies in her ability to clarify, to see possibilities, create ideas and inspirit you to implement.
As a young woman she quietly and effectively changed an industry, opening doors for women in a previously male-dominated field. For many years Daphne has guided leaders to be more effective in their roles.
Courageous and high-achieving women business owners,leaders, coaches, service professionals, therapists and entrepreneurs round the globe, all of whom have big hearts and yearn to make a difference and make money, hire Daphne so they can be clear and focused on their forward direction and growth.
As a certified professional coach, mastermind leader and facilitator, with a history of birthing and growing small businesses, Daphne has a deep passion to inspirit eminent leadership.
She lives in the beautiful South Island of New Zealand from where she works with high-achieving and courageous women leaders, business owners and entrepreneurs worldwide. She’s President of ICF NZ Southern.
Pop on over to grab your FREE chapter of “Must-Dos: the secret to better bottom lines”
Telephone: +643 481 7080