Have you ever chased a rainbow?
“A goal without a plan is just a wish”
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Where are you looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?
My mum used to tell a childhood story of her spending many hours trailing over pastures, up and down dale, following the end of the rainbow.
She and her brother had heard about there being a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow, where it meets the earth. One day, when a rainbow appeared, off they went to find it.
They walked and they walked, and then they walked some more. Needless to say, they never arrived at the end of the rainbow, despite many hours of walking. Apparently, they weren’t very popular when they returned home tired and having not done their chores.
If you don’t know where you’re going, any path will take you there. When you’re chasing rainbows the end of it keeps changing, the place it touches the earth moves as you do.
“If you don’t know where you want to go, then it doesn’t matter which path you take”
The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland
Without a plan, achieving your goals is almost as elusive and impossible as reaching the end of the rainbow to claim the pot of gold.
“All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination”
When you don’t have a strategy or a plan you’re simply spraying and praying. You’re spraying your marketing everywhere and praying some of it will work. You’re doing all the things and not making substantial progress on anything.
Essentially, you’re throwing spaghetti at the wall and hoping some of it will stick. Shooting arrows into the wind with no idea of where they’ll end up.
When you have a plan:
- You discover what works so you can do more of it.
- You find out what doesn’t work do you can do less of it.
- You inevitably attract more clients.
- You receive more money in the bank.
- More people will hear about you and want to know more.
- Marketing your business will be easier and less time consuming as you target your marketing efforts to what you know works best for you.
- You’ll focus on what’s important.
- You’ll achieve your goals in record time.
- Everything, absolutely everything takes less effort and happens more smoothly.
Planning has value in many areas of life and business.
Your Freedom Plan helps you recognize what your dream life really is without outside influences creating confusion, then setting a course for how you can get there.
A marketing plan is an action plan to tell people about your services.
If you don’t currently have one, you can begin to create a marketing plan by:
- Writing a list of all the places and ways you advertise or promote yourself currently.
- Reviewing that list and assess which you are doing consistently, how well each performs and which converts into paid clients.
- Looking at what you could do to improve your marketing’s performance.
Want your very own Freedom Plan? Give me a shout.